2018 has been a productive year for us at Ang’dora Productions! Sometimes we get so bogged down with the day to day to-do list, we forget everything that we’ve accomplished. Here’s a quick run-down of all that we’ve done!
- Published 12 new books in the Havenwood Falls signature series + 2 volumes + 1 anthology
- Published 12 new books in the Havenwood Falls High YA series + 3 volumes
- Launched the Legends of Havenwood Falls historical fantasy series + published 9 books + 1 volume
- Launched the Havenwood Falls Sin & Silk paranormal romance series + published 5 books
- Published a total of 45 new titles
- Won the Utopia 2018 Award for Best Series – Havenwood Falls High
- Won the Once Upon a Book 2018 Award for Series of the Year – Havenwood Falls
- Signed 20 new authors to the Havenwood Falls shared world
- Attended Talkbooks Author Event in Boston
- Attended Penned Con in St. Louis and sat on an expert panel for shared worlds
- Hosted 38 release parties
- And so much more!
We know we’re forgetting much, but that’s quite a list as it is. Thank you for supporting us this year! Stick around – we have so many exciting things planned for 2019 that we can’t wait to share with you! It’s going to be another fantastic ride!
When I was 8 years old, I wrote my first story and decided I wanted to be a writer. Fast forward nearly 30 years, and I finally finished a complete full-length novel. During all those years, I learned a lot about writing (I still wrote for my career, just not fiction), life, and even a little about making books and publishing. I became a serial entrepreneur, owning several businesses, some of them even successful. So starting a publishing company didn’t feel like a huge leap to me – but at the same time felt like we were space-jumping to the stars.
Ang’dora Productions, LLC, was established in 2010 as a boutique publishing company, starting with my books but with plans to expand to help other authors reach their dreams. The industry went crazy, though, and figuring out how to help other authors changed every day. Although my books became successful, we had no idea if we could duplicate that for anyone else. We learned that no, you can never duplicate a book’s success (at least not until you become a King or Patterson). But you can use solid business and marketing practices to give a book and its author a running start, setting them up for success and not failure.
Many say Lady Luck plays a huge role in the entertainment industry. That is somewhat true, but the Lady tends to visit more frequently those who have put themselves in a place to receive her. So that’s become our purpose at Ang’dora–to help authors set themselves up in the best way possible to welcome Lady Luck into their writing careers.
We offer a variety of services to writers, including editing and formatting, to ensure their books are polished and presented professionally and beautifully. We’ve also teamed up with Red Coat PR to create AfterWords, classroom-style seminars for writers to learn how to run the business side of being an author (and there’s always a business side, make no mistake about that!). We’ll be coming to a city near you soon. And although Ang’dora served as the publisher of record for multi-author box sets and collections in the past, we are now offering some exciting publishing opportunities for authors. We’ll be announcing the first project very, very soon.
We have many plans and projects currently in the works that we hope will bring a lot of satisfaction to readers and authors. So stay tuned. Ang’dora Productions has been around for 7 years, but we’ve really only just begun.